Dental implants help to replace partial and full dentures and to restore missing teeth without any need for anchors. They help in replacing roots of teeth, also allowing to fabricate restorations over these artificial roots. They provide perfect replacement and even look, feel, and function just like natural teeth.
What are the issues that can be resolved by dental implants?
It is essential to get your missing teeth replaced with dental implants. It helps in preventing further health consequences like bone loss, jaw joint problems, alteration in the bite as a result of shifting teeth, shifting and drifting of the teeth, additional stress on the remaining teeth, and difficulty in chewing properly.
What is the procedure of dental implants?
At first, the dentist plans the whole process. For proper placement, even specialized imaging may be required to visualize the bone condition and CBCT 3-dimensional scan for the radiographic study of the area.
A small titanium post, i.e., the tooth root implant, is placed on the site. As soon as the jawbone heals, it starts growing around the implanted metal post, anchoring it securely in the jaw. This takes at least six to twelve weeks. After that, a dental abutment is attached to the post to hold the new tooth securely. The porcelain crown is then placed, matching the color and shape of the natural teeth.
Are Dental Implants strong enough?
Dental implants are by far, the strongest replacement for your lost natural roots. No matter how hard the food is, you can easily chew with its help. Dental implants stay in place and give better strength and enjoy everything, just like natural teeth. Another best thing about them is that they won’t even get decayed.
What are the benefits of dental implants?
Some benefits of dental implants are:
- They make you look and feel as if they are your natural teeth.
- You can pronounce and speak better instead of slurring or mumbling with your words.
- They don’t cause any discomfort.
- You don’t have to face any difficulty while chewing or eating, letting you eat all your favorite foods.
- You can have your smile back and be confident about yourself.
- They are durable and can even last a lifetime.
- They don’t even require any tooth-supported bridges, and so you can maintain your oral health.
- They are convenient and don’t even require any special adhesives to keep them in place.
Find out more about dental implants as you visit our offices in Richmond and Henrico in Virginia. Call Fred A. Knaysi, D.D.S. today or request an appointment online.